Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:44 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

hERE IS THE POSTER FOR THE EVENTS ALREADY......

Attachments:
031512Audie2012flyer3.jpg
031512Audie2012flyer3.jpg [ 143.21 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:10 am 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

David, Thanks for posting the flyer. We will be showing Winterhawk, starring Michael Dante Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. and Apache Rifles Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:11 pm 
Most Trustworthy Fan

It looks like an impressive line-up of people and I hope you have a great turnout for the event. Hopefully I will be able someday to make it back there again.

Sharon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:46 pm 
Frequent User

I hope everyone who attends Audie Days has a wonderful time. Enjoy Michael Dante and his stories of Audie . Shirley and I wish we could be there too. Just can't make it this year so all of you that go have a good time for us. :D hopefully next year.Maybe Mr Dante knows of someone we could ask to come next year.Just a thought. Have a blast.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:05 pm 

I'm gonna see L.Q. Jones in June at the Memphis Film Festival and try and talk him into coming. It worked for Michael Dante, maybe it will work for L.Q. he was in Showdown and Apache Rifles.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:53 am 
Frequent User

:ymapplause: You rock David! Go for it,hope to come next year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 pm 
Trusted Scholar

I was wondering the other day about MICHAEL BURNS. He was in Apache Rifles, also. IMDB says he went on to become a historian, writer and college professor and that he's retired living in Kentucky raising thoroughbred horses. He was young, born in '47. (I mean, young, compared to Audie at the time). Maybe we could contact him someway.

***Teri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 pm 
Trusted Scholar

Sorry, I meant to add that I'm excited about MIchael Dante, too! I would absolutely LOVE to meet L.Q. Jones. He's been in so many things plus 2 of Audie's movies.

See everyone on Friday the 20th of April. Won't be able to stay but 1 night this year. Things keep happening!!!

***Teri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 pm 

HURRAY!!! I had heard you weren't coming, but glad to hear you are. Even for a short time. Wish you could be there for the CiCi's get-together. Thats one of the best parts about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:43 pm 
Trusted Scholar

Thanks David....I really am glad that it worked out. As it is, I'll be there all day Friday and almost all day Saturday. I'll probably have to miss APACHE RIFLES and the candlelight closing, but am glad that I'll at least get to visit with everyone for a good amount of time. Everyone be very careful. I sure hope that we have good weather!

***Teri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:17 pm 

I called Michael Dante tonight and we talked for awhile. He said they will be getting on the plane around 11 am their time and should be landing at DFW around 4ish Texas time. Depending on traffic, they should be able to meet us at CiCi's. If not, they will definitely join us in the lobby/breakfast room afterwards. He said they are really looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 pm 

david williams wrote:
I called Michael Dante tonight and we talked for awhile. He said they will be getting on the plane around 11 am their time and should be landing at DFW around 4ish Texas time. Depending on traffic, they should be able to meet us at CiCi's. If not, they will definitely join us in the lobby/breakfast room afterwards. He said they are really looking forward to it.

That sounds great David. Really looking forward to meeting them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:42 am 

Hi Folks,
Just wanted to post a comment stating that both Ruxy and myself will be unable to attend the festival this
year, and hope everyone attending has a wonderful and safe time. It was Ruxy who first suggested Mr. Dante as a guest speaker for Audie Days in one of her posts after our attendance at Audie Days in 2008.
So I know she is disappointed that we won't be able to attend this year. It was kinda Dejavu that David
Williams met him at a Western Festival last year and was able to arrange Mr. Dante as guest speaker for
this year's festival. David a very big thank you goes out to you for this accomplishment... And I dearly
loved Winter hawk movie on TV. I will have major surgery scheduled on the 19th of April on the left side
of my neck and will likely be in the hospital until after the 21st of April. Take Care and God Bless.
Sincerely Shirley Jean :ymhug:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:55 am 
Site Admin

Shirley Jean, I am sure all of us will have you in our prayers during your surgery. We want you fixed up and back in good health. Please let us know if we can help you. And thank you and Ruxy for helping with Mr. Dante's appearance at Audie Murphy Days too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:15 pm 

Richard, Thank You for the kind words, they are very much appreciated. I am very lucky, as I understand
that I will have one of the very best surgeons in this area performing the operation on me. However if I
had my druthers, I would rather be at the festival, tornado's and all. :lol: I hope all is well now for you
and Maria and kitties ! Take Care friend. Sincerely, Shirley Jean.