Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

OK, so here is the good news. Remember I wrote recently about the 10 living Chiefs of Staff and that there were two (2) who had not signed.
Well, one of the two apparently realized the train is getting ready to leave the station and decided to hop on-board. lol! :)
General Carl Vuono, who served as the 31st Chief of Staff of the Army 1987-1991 has endorsed the petition. It was under his watch that the SAMC was enacted.
It took five (5) attempts before he finally endorsed the petition but finally it arrived in today's mail.

Here is his bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Vuono

Here is his endorsement:

We now have the endorsements of the 29th, 30th, 31st, 32nd, and 35th Chiefs of Staff of the Army! Whew! :-bd
Still can't figure out why it took the General so long to act on our petition campaign but he finally did and I guess that is all that really matters.
That now only leaves one (1) hold-out. :-?

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:40 pm 

Whooo Whooo! You've got the magic touch Dave! They can't resist your persistence!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:35 pm 
Most Trustworthy Fan

Dave,

All I can say is WOWZA. I would certainly think that the Obama administration would be mighty impressed with the star power that is coming out in this petition. Like I said..YOU ARE THE MAN!! Who knows you might get Colin Powell after all!!

Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:21 am 

Nice to see your persistence paying off, Dave!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:28 am 
Site Admin

Dave ... did you mention to him my name and suggest he take my advice again??? Maybe THAT did the trick!!! LOL!!! :lol:

GREAT JOB! I have always liked Vuono (some don't but I do) and this signature restores my faith in the man I knew and served under.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:33 pm 

Richard Rodgers wrote:
Dave ... did you mention to him my name and suggest he take my advice again??? Maybe THAT did the trick!!! LOL!!! :lol:

GREAT JOB! I have always liked Vuono (some don't but I do) and this signature restores my faith in the man I knew and served under.

Richard!

I appreciate your compliment. Maybe he just got tired of me bugging him, but I also wrote my thoughts under the question you posed in the topic about generals talking between each other. I think it was on one of the earlier post I answered today.
I will say if you click on the petition homepage and look to the right side at the VIP list it is pretty amazing. Guess I am tooting my own horn, but it is impressive.

Thanks again,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:50 pm 
Researcher

If anyone has earned the right to toot their own horn, it's you Dave. Boy, you've done a fantastic job.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:03 am 

Betty wrote:
Whooo Whooo! You've got the magic touch Dave! They can't resist your persistence!

Betty:

Thanks! I appreciate the comment! Hopefully it is the midas touch!

Thanks again,

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:05 am 

Bob wrote:
If anyone has earned the right to toot their own horn, it's you Dave. Boy, you've done a fantastic job.

Thanks Bob! I appreciate that!

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:08 am 

audiefan53 wrote:
Dave,

All I can say is WOWZA. I would certainly think that the Obama administration would be mighty impressed with the star power that is coming out in this petition. Like I said..YOU ARE THE MAN!! Who knows you might get Colin Powell after all!!

Sharon

Sharon:

Thanks! Yes, there are a lot of stars on the petition. Actually, I could probably brag that we have more stars on the petition than any U.S. military installation; except of course at the Pentagon.
lol!

Thanks,

Dave