Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

HI Richard,
I think I may have found an error on the ALM web site that may need to be corrected, however, I am not
really sure. In the Photo's section of ALM, subcategory, "Military" you show three pictures, namely # 17,
#34, and # 47, wherein Audie is receiving the medals bestowed upon him by the country of France in
July of 1948. In all three pictures, you refer to Audie's rank as that of Captain. However when one looks
at your Military Service category, There is a Military Rank Timeline included there, and it states that
Audie attained the Rank of Captain in the Texas National Guard in July of 1950, and was federally
recognized when the State National Guard was included in the U.S. National Guard in October of 1950.
If the timeline is a correct source of information, then those three pictures in the military category of
photos are labeled incorrectly, and all three should be labeled as Lieutenant,and not Captain because
they occurred clearly almost two years before he attained the rank of Captain. Because I have never
been in the military, I defer to your excellent knowledge of all things military, and all things Audie, and
am asking that you take a look at the three pictures I mentioned and then review them to the Military
Ranking Time Line under the Military Service category. Keep up the great work, this web site is still
the best in all the WWW sites, and it is a direct result of your efforts... Just asking, Sincerely, Shirley Jean.