Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

General Anthony Zinni, USMC (ret) who became in retirement the U.S. Peace Envoy for Israel and Palestine and with whom I served over 30 years ago when he was a new Major has endorsed the petition. General Zinni is a retired Marine 4 star general. With General Zinni we now have at least one 4 star general representing each branch of our Armed Forces.
General Zinni is perhaps one of the most distinguished names to endorse Audie. Although not a household name, he is a "Washington, D.C." name and is well-known in American politics.
I invite everyone to peruse his impressive biography. I think you will find it hard to find anyone more impressive. In addition, it is believed that he was among President Obama's top 10 choices as a potential running mate for Vice President in 2008 but wasn't interested in the job.
I am very pleased to have this great American among our distinguished signatories.

Here is his bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Zinni

Here is his endorsement:

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:30 am 
Site Admin

Great addition Dave. This guy is a really impressive. It must have been frustrating having this endorsement and not able to post it while the boards were down last week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:30 pm 

It's amazing how many prominent people you've met or served w/, Dave! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:37 pm 

Richard Rodgers wrote:
Great addition Dave. This guy is a really impressive. It must have been frustrating having this endorsement and not able to post it while the boards were down last week.

No, not frustrating although I was anxious! General Zinni is a very impressive guy! Great Marine as well!

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:39 pm 

Christie wrote:
It's amazing how many prominent people you've met or served w/, Dave! :D

Fortunante in a lot of ways. I remember each very well. The Marine Corps is a very small organization when compared to the other branches of the Armed Forces, so odds are; if you are in for example in the Infantry you either know every other peer in the Infantry or you have run across them or know someone who knows them, all because of the size of the Marine Corps.

Thanks,

Dave