Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:52 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Brigadier General Thomas White who served both as a one star general and as Secretary of the Army has endorsed the petition for Audie.
General White had a very distinguished career, was very decorated for heroism in Vietnam, and rose through the ranks into the politcal mainstream. He as you can read in his bio is considered by friends to be the "alter-ego" of General Powell and indeed they are close friends. He served as a Chairman of ENRON after having retired from the Army but apparently was not culpable in the scandal as he was not indicted and he went on to serve afterwards in government as Secretary of the Army.

Here is his bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_E._White

Here is his endorsement with comment:

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Another great addition to the collection of signatures, Dave. If we could just get General Powell to join the ranks ... !!!
Richard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:33 pm 

Richard Rodgers wrote:
Another great addition to the collection of signatures, Dave. If we could just get General Powell to join the ranks ... !!!
Richard

Well, I now have Powell's "alter ego", his former CG in Vietnam 96 year old General Ramsey and hopefully I will land his old regimental Commander (retired LTG) from his Vietnam days, whom Powell wrote in his memoirs that he respected this LTG more than any man he had ever known or words to that effect.
Maybe with those names I can land him. I still haven't written him yet as I was waiting to build this VIP list more.

Thanks,
Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:52 am 
Site Admin

Audie'sDad wrote:
Richard Rodgers wrote:
Richard

Well, I now have Powell's "alter ego", his former CG in Vietnam 96 year old General Ramsey and hopefully I will land his old regimental Commander (retired LTG) from his Vietnam days, whom Powell wrote in his memoirs that he respected this LTG more than any man he had ever known or words to that effect.
Maybe with those names I can land him. I still haven't written him yet as I was waiting to build this VIP list more.

Thanks,
Dave

No question about it, Dave ... Colin Powell would be the crown jewell of all general-grade officers if you are able to gather his endorsement. I like how you work ... with a plan!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:59 pm 

Richard Rodgers wrote:
Audie'sDad wrote:
Richard Rodgers wrote:
Richard

Thanks,
Dave

No question about it, Dave ... Colin Powell would be the crown jewell of all general-grade officers if you are able to gather his endorsement. I like how you work ... with a plan!

Yes, he would be the icing on the cake. I'm working that issue Richard!

Dave