Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:07 pm 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

Betty:

Linda took your advice and has added an Audie Section to the news letter. As most of us diehards know there is not much on Audie lefted that we don't know, however hopefully , we have members that haven't heard everything yet. Hope you like it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:37 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Larry Winters wrote:
Betty:

Linda took your advice and has added an Audie Section to the news letter. As most of us diehards know there is not much on Audie lefted that we don't know, however hopefully , we have members that haven't heard everything yet. Hope you like it.

That's great news Larry. I look forward to seeing it. With all the new members the museum is getting there's a good chance someone will learn something new. Thanks for asking Larry. I really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:51 am 
Trusted Scholar

Thanks for letting us know Larry and THANKS to you, Betty for suggesting to Susan that we have an "Audie corner".

Maybe they could put some trivia like Ms. Marguerite Pitcock (she's usually at AM Days every year) that played the old game "spin the bottle" at a party that Audie was attending. It landed on her and, as she tells it, she and Audie walked down the road holding hands.

After hearing this story Betty Tate said that she would have NEVER washed that hand again!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

***Teri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 pm 

I got the new Compress in the mail yesterday. A lot more Audie stuff than normal. Great job!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm 

Larry Winters wrote:
Betty:

I got the new Compress and there he is :D . The article is a good one and the picture is as well. It's good to see him back again. Thank you again.

I sure hope we get the CBS program about the museum here in Sugar Land because I'd really like to record it. If not, I'll be sure to go to CBS19.TV and try to view it there, though I can't record it from there :cry: .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:08 pm 

HOPEFULLY LARRY OR SOMEBODY FROM THE MUSEUM WILL TAPE IT FOR US FOLKS WHO UNFORTUNATLEY DON'T LIVE IN TEXAS AT THIS TIME. HINT-HINT.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:43 pm 
Trusted Scholar

Betty wrote:
Larry Winters wrote:
Betty:

I got the new Compress and there he is :D . The article is a good one and the picture is as well. It's good to see him back again. Thank you again.

I sure hope we get the CBS program about the museum here in Sugar Land because I'd really like to record it. If not, I'll be sure to go to CBS19.TV and try to view it there, though I can't record it from there :cry: .

I meant to post right away after I read that the interview would be on CBS19 (Tyler). They have an office here in Longview and I'll call them on Monday to see if we can anyway get a DVD of the interview. I can record or DVR it, but I have no way of making copies to DVD. Hopefully, they will be helpful in helping me get copies. I'm excited. Tried to set it to tape today, but my schedule doesn't go that far yet.

***Teri