Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 am 
Trusted Scholar

I think it was Vic that mentioned that Audie rides Joe Queen in WS, so I was on the "lookout" for him. I also noticed a buckskin horse that he rides in some of the episodes; however, there is one episode on disc 3 that centers kind of around Joe Queen. I got so excited when I heard Audie mention Joe Queen. I stopped the DVD and immediately called my friend Betty Tate to ask her if she'd gotten that far in watching. She had just started to watch the same episode.

It was SO GOOD to see that horse with Audie. I really believe it was Audie riding in a "racing scene". I know Audie could ride well, but sometimes they use stunt people when there's even the slightest possibility of the actor getting hurt. I have enjoyed WHISPERING SMITH so much!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

JOE QUEEN and AUDIE MURPHY - Perfect together.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:27 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

VM wrote:
JOE QUEEN and AUDIE MURPHY - Perfect together.

Vic, your comments are so pithy and to the point! I love it! :lol:

Are you going to be able to come to Audie Days this year? We sure miss you there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:54 pm 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

Hi Betty,

Because of all the snowstorms this past winter our school year
runs till June 30th. So, hopefully next year for Texas. I hope you
all have a great time celebrating Audie Murphy Days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 pm 

Sorry you have to miss again Vic. We'll certainly miss you. That darn Global Warming! :x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:52 am 
Frequent User

I can't wait to see this series!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:08 pm 
Trusted Scholar

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all! It's a shame that it was cancelled from what I believe were complaints of it being "too violent"!! Can you believe it? Thinking of some of the "stuff" that's on TV these days. I absolutely LOVED Whispering Smith (Smitty).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:46 pm 

Teri, I often wondered what happened to Audie's horses after he died. Who got them, how long they lived, where they lived, and who they were sired with, ETC. Does anyone know? Same way for the boat he owned, who got it, where was it kept and used, is it still in existence etc? Same way with his plane that he owned. Who purchased it, where was it, does it still fly? I know these are just PETS and THINGS. But I am under the impression Audie kept impeccible care of his stuff, and am just curious if any of these two items still exist and what ever happened to Joe Queen.
Shirley Jean.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:53 pm 
Trusted Scholar

That's a good question....I've often wondered about Joe Queen, too! Does anyone know about Flying John? That was another thoroughbred he owned. I'm assuming (and that's alot) that the family just inherited those objects, but could be wrong.

That brings another point in question....Did Audie ever make a "Last Will & Testament"? Someone is bound to know the answer to that. If he did, and his estate was probated (no matter how big or small the estate was) that Will should be public record (unless some Judge declared it sealed) due to the request of the family. In Texas, I don't think you can do that. Probate matters are all public record.

These are really good questions, I think!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:26 am 

Thanks Teri. I know, some years back, the lady that use to handle some of his horses knew what happened to some of them, and I THINK if a person goes back into the written ARCHIVES of this site,
you will find some discussion on it. But no one has kept an update since then, such as if any of the horses passed away or how or when. I do not know how long a horse can live? The other thing I
know, his cousin, Corrine's son? at one time knew what happened to Audie's boat but not his Plane? and again this was some years back. However, no input since that time, and I am wondering if they
are still in the hands of the folks that purchased them, if either of the items still work, ie FLOAT or FLY, and if someone new maybe has them, if for nothing else other than SHOW. And if so WHERE AT?
Just Nosey I guess. Shirley Jean.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:21 pm 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

DIDN'T AUDIE HAVE TO FILE BANKRUPTCY ONE TIME? IF A PERSON FILES BANKRUPTCY DON'T THEY LOSE SOME OF THEIR PROPERTIES? LIKE HOUSES, BOATS, PLANES AND THINGS LIKE THAT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A BANKRUPTCY THAT IS WHY I'M ASKING. BUT I THOUGHT MAYBE THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED TO SOME OF HIS THINGS. I KNOW SOMEONE ON HERE WILL KNOW ALL ABOUT IT. I'M INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT. TAKE CARE. BETTY LOU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:35 pm 
Trusted Scholar

I think I remember reading somewhere on this board that contrary to "popular belief" Audie Murphy NEVER filed for bankruptcy. You are right about some things being seized, but so much is exempt. Your house, 2 cars, so many cows, pigs, horses, so many guns. They can't seize anything that you own that you use to "make a living" either. At least that's in Texas, but I don't know about other states and what their laws are. But, I don't think he ever filed anyway!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:26 pm 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

THANKS TERRY FOR THE INFO. TAKE CARE. BETTY LOU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:53 pm 

I read somewhere that Audie was a co-owner of the plane. He and a friend owned it. Maybe the same with the boat, I'm not sure about that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 am 

Thanks for filing me in. I too had heard he never really filed bankruptcy. Supposedly, he had the
accident before he got around to filing for it. I know that Bob Hope put up 3 Million for the Ranch in Menefee. However, I never did hear about what happened to the horses? or like I said the Boat,
Plane, and etc. I know Pam and the boys moved out of the home on Toluca. She went to an Apt in Canoga Park, ie Van Nuys area. But it would be nice to know what happened at least to the horses.
Maybe Weldon Knows? Shirley Jean.