Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:21 pm 
Frequent User

Yeah, I know, sounds like a tightwad doesn't it? However, there are so many and I assume someone on this board might know how to find some free downloads. I thought I found it a while ago, but it states "click to see" but has nothing but photos [http://www.audiemurphy.com/movies.htm

I thought I had seen almost all of his movies--maybe the ol' memory is fading--but Serria, with his wife Wanda, may be one of those I didn't see, or recall?
Any ideas, members? Thank you, Tom :-h

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:05 pm 
Frequent User

Believe it or not, I just discovered that YOUTUBE.COM has several downloads of his movies. They come in 15 minute segments and are not perfect viewing quality but sure are worth watching. I just watched The Kid From Texas."

I remember seeing this movie at the local neighborhood theater some 59/60 years. i was probably 10 years old and I was mesmerized with Audie's performance. I had no idea at the time he was a gigantic war hero, but I was so impressed with his coolness and modesty in this movie. When years later, I saw "To Hell And Back," I was sent into surprised shock to find this man was already my hero simply with the impressions he had made on me already. Talk about being almost speechless for a while. My goodness, that really secured Audie as the one and only male hero I would ever need or want. @-)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:19 pm 
Frequent User

i have watched a couple of his movies on youtube, one being gunsmoke which i would love to buy BUT the only copy i found was a VHS tape for $99?? Warning though, Gun Runners and Joe Butterfly on youtube are not complete movies.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:19 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Actually, Addie (who posts here occasionally) put up Joe Butterfly a few weeks ago...I haven't had the chance to sit down and watch it though. Someone also put up Gunpoint in the past few weeks, which is nice because it's not on tv all that frequently, and the Europeans do not seem to be in a hurry to put it on dvd.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:54 am 
Site Admin

Maybe we need to create a sub-forum inside of the "Now Showing" Forum that has only links to Audie Movies on the web. The other links (TV reruns) which we have been posting for the last year or so could be moved into a sub forum called TV Reruns. If we do this, then when anyone stumbles across a new link, we post the movie link. What say you Audie fans? If you don't like the idea, say so because it will save me some work :)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:04 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

I dunno. I sometimes get the impression that actually linking to youtube copies of obscure movies sometimes brings the rights-holders down on the people who uploaded the movies in the first place. Not a big deal for A Time For Dying, maybe more of one for the Universal, etc. films.

Tom: Sierra with Wanda Hendrix is now available on dvd, you might be able to rent it through Netflix or someplace like that: http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Audie-Murp ... 080&sr=1-2

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:00 pm 
Frequent User

Thanks Christe!
Here's a treat for anyone wanting to view "The Kid From Texas." Solid story with solid acting, too. One of Audie's first movies and he is very convincing as Billy The Kid. He also does some background story telling and he sounds great for a kid from poverty and little education. Get it in 15 minute segments and no commercials on youtube.

My preference: If I have to watch any movies on cable, I'd soon skip the offer. Those commercials kill the effect for me. :-q