Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Audie movies on youtube
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 pm 
Expert Scholar

There appears to either have been a recent explosion of Audie's movies being added on youtube or I hadn't gotten the word yet. I just watched "Tumbleweed", one of my favorites, and "Seven Ways From Sundown" and am getting ready to watch "Suspicion" and "The Man". Most of the newer postings have a date on July 4, 2012 and were made by a single user who must have been very busy over the holiday. Both the movies I watched were not the best quality, probably due to the use of out of country DVD's since they are not available in the U.S., but were certainly watchable. "Walk the Proud Land" is also now listed. This is the first time I've seen movies that any of us couldn't buy off of Movies Unlimited or Amazon so it has been fun seeing some of the ones I haven't viewed for years.

Fortunately, I was able to watch on my TV through my Direct TV subscription and didn't need to sit in front of my computer. In case I am not the only one who is just discovering this treasure trove, here is the youtube link to "Tumbleweed":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQMo4MpD ... 8386FB46B3

Gerry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:35 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Gerry wrote:
There appears to either have been a recent explosion of Audie's movies being added on youtube or I hadn't gotten the word yet. I just watched "Tumbleweed", one of my favorites, and "Seven Ways From Sundown" and am getting ready to watch "Suspicion" and "The Man". Most of the newer postings have a date on July 4, 2012 and were made by a single user who must have been very busy over the holiday. Both the movies I watched were not the best quality, probably due to the use of out of country DVD's since they are not available in the U.S., but were certainly watchable. "Walk the Proud Land" is also now listed. This is the first time I've seen movies that any of us couldn't buy off of Movies Unlimited or Amazon so it has been fun seeing some of the ones I haven't viewed for years.

Fortunately, I was able to watch on my TV through my Direct TV subscription and didn't need to sit in front of my computer. In case I am not the only one who is just discovering this treasure trove, here is the youtube link to "Tumbleweed":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQMo4MpD ... 8386FB46B3

Gerry

I believe Addiefleur is also a member here, though she doesn't post very often. She does good work in terms of getting Murph's stuff out there online, but I've been afraid of hyping her uploads too much, for fear of her getting shut down.