Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

General William S. Wallace, one of the more recent notable general officers to have left their mark on history has endorsed Audie. General Wallace was the Commander of V Corps during the initial invasion of Iraq and his soldiers as we all know did a magnificent job there.
General Wallace is a West Point graduate and recently retired from the Army after a very distinguished military career.

Here is his bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Wallace

Here is his endorsement:

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:11 am 
Most Trustworthy Fan

Dave,

Another really good comment. It is amazing how the military people have the utmost respect for Audie's accomplishments on the battlefield more than 65 years after the fact.

Sharon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

Great job Dave. I am pleased to see the 5th Corps commander's endorsement as I was once part of that institution when assigned to the 8th Infantry Division in Germany. General Wallace came into command after my time but we shared the same patch ... or at least, my patch was one he commanded. That's plenty for me to be proud of.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:24 pm 

Very awesome endorsement-who isn't proud of what the American military accomplished in those first weeks in Iraq, whatever your views on the war overall?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:16 pm 

audiefan53 wrote:
Dave,

Another really good comment. It is amazing how the military people have the utmost respect for Audie's accomplishments on the battlefield more than 65 years after the fact.

Sharon

Sharon and All:

I agree with the sentiments and yes Sharon you are correct that knowing that Audie is still very much respected by these great military leaders just goes to show the immense impact his legacy has had over the years.

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."