Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:03 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Hi Everyone:

I went to my local Wal-Mart today and saw a notice that country musuc singer Craig Morgan would be in the store at 3:00 p.m. signing autographs.
Did my shopping, went back home, printed a petition and went back to wait in the line.
He was very nice and polite and was impressed with the VIP signatories (I took a list with me). He remarked "Audie was indeed a great soldier" and signed the petition.
I was in such a hurry, I forgot to ask him to write that comment. :oops:
Mr. Morgan served in the Army for 10 years and obtained the rank of Staff Sergeant in the Field Artillery, serving with the 101st Airborne for the invasion of Panama, and left active duty in 1996.
In 2001 (post 9/11) he re-enlisted in the Army Reserves where I think he still continues as a Staff Sergeant. He is involved in soldier charities as well as the USO and has been to Iraq seven times performing for the troops.
Last month, he also rescued two little girls from a burning home in his hometown and helped the local fire department extinguish the fire.
He has had 17 Billboard hits; seven (7) of which were in the top 10, 1 Gold Record, 1 #1 Hit and is a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
Rather you like Country Music or not; he is a class act! When I mentioned the petition and Audie there was no hestitation and no questions! He was all about honoring Audie with his signature!
Here is his bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Morgan_(singer)

Here is the story of the rescue:

http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/15/craig-morgan-fire/

Here is a link to his #1 Hit so you all can listen to the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm3aCyRD3Vg

Here is his endorsement:

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:26 am 
Site Admin

Another great addition, Dave. The reason why this petition drive will succeed and why you continue to gather these great endorsements is because you miss no opportunity and leave no stone uncovered.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:52 pm 

You definitely seized the initiative there, Dave. :D I don't follow C&W music very closely, but one of the interesting things about it is how many of its celebrities feel like real people, not fakes. Even the more objectionable ones often seem bad in a small-town way, only with more money and temptation thrown at them, and the better ones often seem to be like this gentleman: very gracious and approachable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 pm 

Richard Rodgers wrote:
Another great addition, Dave. The reason why this petition drive will succeed and why you continue to gather these great endorsements is because you miss no opportunity and leave no stone uncovered.

Thanks Richard; and again; couldn't have done it without your support!

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."