Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

General Sam Walker, an Army legend has endorsed the petition.
General Walker has the distinct claim to fame of being only one of two pairs of fathers/sons who rose to 4 star general in the history of the U.S. Army.
General Walker graduated as 'distinguished graduate' at West Point, Class of 1946, where he was a classmate of George S. Patton IV, later a Vietnam War general officer. General Walker is the son of General Walton Walker, who was killed in the Korean War.
General Walker held many positions during his Army career to include Commandant of Cadets at West Point as well as having been the Commanding General of the Third Infantry Division.
In addition, General Walker was the U.S. Military Commander Berlin, one of the most prestigious positions in the Army at the height of the Cold War.
General Walker also in retirement was Superintendent, Virginia Military Institute for nine years.
Here is a complete bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_S._Walker

General Walker wrote a very nice letter on his four star official stationary and sent a full bio as well as enclosing his complete biography. I am very pleased to have the endorsement of this great warrior on the petition for Audie.

Here is the Generals petition, letter and bio:

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

Last edited by Audie'sDad on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

Dave, if you were trying to start a military coup, our government would be in trouble! Just another a great post-WWII military leader who has locked arms on this effort. Thank goodness it is patriotic endeavor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:09 am 

Hi Dave,
Gee, have you ever thought of running for President of these United States ?????

I would bet my last dollar you would probably win on the actual vote signing contest rather than
electoral college votes !!!! TeeHee, Excellent work Dave... Please try to stay out of harms way on
your next deployment, we desperately need someone to run against the current incumbents....
Just my thoughts... Shirley Jean.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 pm 

Thanks guys!
The actual signed petition that I had forgot to send the General was returned today with comments.
The scan is now attached above to the original post if you would like toread the petition comment.

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."