Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:42 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

These were mailed today. Will keep you posted if/when they are returned.

Stan Musial (Thanks Bob)
Jan Merlin (Thanks Christie)
Harry Morgan
Stephen King (Thanks David Williams)

Thanks,

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

Harry Morgan! There's one that went by us. Good addition, Dave. Let's hope he and the others come through.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:36 pm 

MAYBE SOME OTHER CAST MEMBERS FROM MASH, AS AUDIE WAS MENTIONED ON MASH TWICE. JAMIE FARR EVEN ATTENDED THE AVA AWARDS AND SPOKE OF AUDIE HIGHLY.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:13 pm 

Didn't David James Elliot from JAG win an Audie Murphy AVA Award? I believe he did. Also Sam Elliot presented an award at one of the AVA ceremonies. Was Michael Dante mentioned? He's in a picture with Pam, Terry and James at an award ceremony as well. Is his friend Perry Pitt still alive? What about Joan O'Brien?

James Gibble knew Audie & Pam when he was a little boy. His story is in the Documents section on the home page. I believe it's the last item.
Attachment:
James Gibble.jpg
James Gibble.jpg [ 42.2 KiB | Viewed 1090 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:23 pm 
Researcher

Betty wrote:
Didn't David James Elliot from JAG win an Audie Murphy AVA Award? I believe he did. Also Sam Elliot presented an award at one of the AVA ceremonies. Was Michael Dante mentioned? He's in a picture with Pam, Terry and James at an award ceremony as well. Is his friend Perry Pitt still alive? What about Joan O'Brien?

David got Michael Dante's signature on the petition at the Memphis Film Festival.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 pm 

Bob wrote:
Betty wrote:

David got Michael Dante's signature on the petition at the Memphis Film Festival.

Ooops! I knew that! :oops: Another senior moment. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:09 am 

Richard Rodgers wrote:
Harry Morgan! There's one that went by us. Good addition, Dave. Let's hope he and the others come through.

Harry Morgan is 97 now. I know that last year he was signing autographs, but also read he has stopped now at his age.
Let's hope he will make an exception and sign this endorsement at least.

Dave

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:11 am 

david williams wrote:
MAYBE SOME OTHER CAST MEMBERS FROM MASH, AS AUDIE WAS MENTIONED ON MASH TWICE. JAMIE FARR EVEN ATTENDED THE AVA AWARDS AND SPOKE OF AUDIE HIGHLY.

Will get one out to Jaime Farr. Hopefully this coming week.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:12 am 

Betty wrote:

James Gibble knew Audie & Pam when he was a little boy. His story is in the Documents section on the home page. I believe it's the last item.
Attachment:
James Gibble.jpg

It looks more like a home than a place for an awards ceremony, unless it is back stage. In any case, I enjoyed the pic as I had not seen that one before.

Thanks,

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 am 

Bob wrote:
Betty wrote:

Betty,
Elliot and Elliot both gt one. David James for TV and Sam for Film.
Apparently there are two Audie AVA Awards, but each in different catagories.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will see if I can get one out to each of them as well this week.

Dave