Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Smilies
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:25 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

This is just an inquirie Richard; is there a chance you could add some more smilies to the board? Maybe clapping hands or thumbs up or something like that? If it's a problem or requires a lot of work it's no big deal. I was just wondering. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Smilies
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Possibly. I will see. I haven't really experimented too much with these so I don't know if I can upgrade this feature or not. I actually thought about this myself yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

Betty wrote:
This is just an inquirie Richard; is there a chance you could add some more smilies to the board? Maybe clapping hands or thumbs up or something like that? If it's a problem or requires a lot of work it's no big deal. I was just wondering. Thanks.
Betty: I checked into this and while it is possible to add more smilies, it requires a lot of coding and work. The "add ons" run the risk of making our messageboard unstable or unsuitable for future updates from the company who has created this system too.

My guess is that in future updates, there will be a better selection of smilies ... I'm just not sure when.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:28 pm 

Richard Rodgers wrote:
Betty wrote:
Betty: I checked into this and while it is possible to add more smilies, it requires a lot of coding and work. The "add ons" run the risk of making our messageboard unstable or unsuitable for future updates from the company who has created this system too.

My guess is that in future updates, there will be a better selection of smilies ... I'm just not sure when.

Thanks for trying Richard. I certinly don't want to affect the message board in any way. I'll be happy with what we have.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:19 am 
Site Admin

Okay Betty ... this one is for you! :ymparty:

I was plum tickled =)) to discover a smilie expansion set. I was a bit worried :-ss about the coding but I managed to get a SMILIE update package installed. :-B

I hope you (and everyone else) like these extras. :-bd To use them, just start a new message or a reply. You will see the new emoticons are available for immediate use. Just stop typing and click on the icon when you want to insert it. Then keep typing your message.

The icons are the entire Yahoo emoticon set :D . Most (but not all) yahoo short cut codes (characters you can type in your message which are automatically replaced with the icon) will work but not all. ~x( Anyway, This should take care of our need for smilies for a while. \:D/ Let me know if you detect a bug =:) All of them are showing below too..

In the meantime, God bless America **==

:-D :) :( :-o :shock: :-? 8) :lol: :-x :-P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :-| :mrgreen: :) :( ;) :D ;;) :YMHUG: :-\ :X :ymblushing: :-P :-* =(( :-O X( :YMSMUG: B-) :-S #:-S :YMDEVIL: :(( :)) :| /:) =)) O:-) :-B =; I-) 8-| L-) :YMSICK: :-$ [-( :O) 8-} :YMPARTY: (-| =P~ :-? #-O :YMAPPLAUSE: :-SS @-) :^O :-W :YMSIGH: :YMTONGUE: :YMCOWBOY: :@) 3:-O :(|) @};- %%- **== (~~) ~O) *-:) 8-X =:) :YMALIEN: :-L :YMPRAY: $-) B-( :YMPEACE: [-X \:D/ :YMBRINGITON: ;)) :YMHIRO: :YMBILLY: o-+ (%) :-@ ^:)^ :-J (*) :)] :-C ~X( :-H :-T :YMDAYDREAM: :-?? %-( :O3 X_X :!! \M/ :-Q :-BD ^#(^ :-! :AR!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:02 am 

Great stuff Richard :-bd :-bd :-bd

Happy Halloween (~~)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:39 pm 

:ymapplause: Yay, thanks, Richard! :-bd these are really cool. (*)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:35 pm 

^:)^ Thank you so much Richard. These are going to be fun :D . You are always improving this board and always listen to our comments. Here's a big :ymhug: from me to you. :-bd :-bd :-bd .