Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:56 pm 
Researcher

I have never seen this written anywhere, but does anyone know if any of Audie's family, Pam, and/or his sons, any of his brothers and sisters ever gone back to Arlington since the funeral?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:05 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

I may have dremed this but it seems I recall reading something fairly recently that stated that Terry had visited Arlington a few years ago, but I could be mistaken.

"I believe in all the men who stood up against the enemy, taking their beatings without whimper and their triumphs without boasting. The men who went and would go again to hell and back to preserve what our country thinks right and decent."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:36 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Hi Bob, In one of the newspaper articles on Pamela, the journalist writing the article, stated that
the local VFW post had given Pamela and all expenses paid trip back to Washington D.C. in order for
her to visit Audie's grave... The VFW post had done this as a way of saying thank you to Pamela for
all her service to the veterans at the Sepulveda Veteran's Hospital. I believe this occurred in the mid
to late 1990's maybe 95, 96,or 97.. somewhere in there.. I had also remember reading that Terry had
visited Audie's grave at the time he was in Washington D.C. for the Postage Stamp (?) ceremony...
That was the last I remember reading about the Murphy family visiting Audie's grave... However,
every year while he was still alive a very close friend of Audie's who lived in the Washington D.C.
area would receive funds from Pamela and or the Murphy family and would request he place flowers
on Audie's grave on Audie's birthday, Christmas, and I believe Memorial Day... That little blurb was
always in the Audie Murphy Fan Club Newspaper.... Sincerely Shirley Jean..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:28 am 
Researcher

Thanks Shirleyjean and Audie's Dad. This was just something that has been on my mind for a long time, and I had not heard these things. It's a long and expensive trip from California to Arlington to visit a fallen family member. I'm glad Pamela got to make that trip at least one time.