Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
This image is copyrighted © 2010, by D. Phillips. All rights reserved. Used by written permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Audie biography
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:27 pm 
Novice Member

In the acknowledgements of Robert Nott's book Last of the Cowboy Heroes it states that Terry Murphy is writing a biography of his father. Does anyone know about the status of this book :?:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

I met Robert Nott 5 or 6 years ago when his book was published. He was at Audie Murphy Days in Greenville. My wife and I had lunch together with Robert and his wife.

At the time Robert wrote his book, the information on Terry and his biography was true... at least, Terry intended to write a book. Supporting this is the fact that a year before I met Robert, my wife and I also had lunch with Terry in L.A. Terry told me pretty much the same thing he told Robert.

Whether Terry has continued on this endeavor is any one's guess. My guess is that Terry will eventually do so but it will take a long time. My guess is we will see it in the next decade.

Terry will take his time for the reason that he wants to get it right and he will carefully write it with great consideration to what he has learned over the years.

Don't count Terry out on the book. He has done a great deal of leg work already on it ... more than anyone else who has ever written anything on his father ... and I just can't see Terry deciding to forget it.

Post subject: Terry's Book
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:49 pm 
Occasional User

I think I remember something being said about Terry not wanting to "publish" the book until after his mother passes away. I'm assuming the things in the book would create bad feelings. Does anyone else remember this?

Post subject: You are right
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:53 pm 
Site Admin

Sharon:

That was one of the other reasons too. Since you are aware of it, I will go ahead and acknowledge it.

I was told that Terry would tell the story the way it was. But out of concern for his mother, who is quite old now, he thought he would hold off before publishing it.

Post subject: Audie biography
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:46 pm 
Novice Member

Thank you for the prompt replies and information about Terry Murphy. As you said I am sure that he wants to have the book done right.

Post subject: TERRY'S BOOK
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:53 pm 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

AS MUCH AS I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BOOK ON AUDIE BY TERRY, I HOPE IT IS NOT PUBLISHED FOR A LONG TIME, IF WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL PAMELA'S DEATH.

Post subject: Terry's Book
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:03 am 
Occasional User

I agree 100% DAVID! I didn't mean to imply that I hoped the book was published soon. I'd love to have the opportunity to meet Pamela Murphy, but I don't imagine that will ever happen. She seems to be a wonderful person and lady!

Teri :lol: