Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy. Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission.

Audie L. Murphy Memorial Website Message Boards

[ Website Main Page ]
[ Message Center ] [ Guestbook ]
[ Audie Murphy Medal of Freedom Petition ]
Audie Murphy painting, copyright 2010, Dave Phillips. Used with permission. Founded in 1996, this is the official website for Audie Murphy.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:55 am 
Most Esteemed Researcher, Trustworthy Scholar, and Devote Audie Fan

Larry Winters wrote:
David, Thanks for posting the flyer. We will be showing Winterhawk, starring Michael Dante Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. and Apache Rifles Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

We're on our way to Audie Days. Can't wait to see everyone again. Everyone take care and be safe. See ya'll at CiCi's! :-h

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:58 am 

Well, we all met up at CiCi's andhad a great 'family reunion' for almost 3 hours. Michael Dante and his wife Mary Jane joined us when they got to town. A great time had by all. And now for today.............

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:11 am 
Site Admin

david williams wrote:
Well, we all met up at CiCi's andhad a great 'family reunion' for almost 3 hours. Michael Dante and his wife Mary Jane joined us when they got to town. A great time had by all. And now for today.............

Please post some pictures, Dave! Tell Michael that I say hello from Tokyo at Camp Zama. I am a fan from "way-back-when" when I was a kid. Now as a teacher in my mid 50's I wish I could be there to meet him! Doggone it ... I miss Audie Murphy Days in Greenville!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 pm 
Trusted Scholar

Gosh!......I miss being there. I hope everyone has a really good time. Please tell Mr. Dante and his wife that I wish that I could have met them both. Really a bummer!~

***Teri :(( :((

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 pm 

Well, Audie Murphy Days is over again. Not a big crowd, getting less every year, but still a great time. Michael and Mary Jane Dante were the best! They had a great time and so did we. Friday was a busy day at the civic center with the speeches from the two military guys and Michael in the morning, the Audie bingo at 5 and the chili supper and concert afterward. Of course my family won the most most lobby cards at the bingo again. And no we didn't rig it. :))

Today was at the civic center for the morning and museum in the afternoon, with a showing of Winterhawk and Apache Rifles. We took Michael and Mary Jane to lunch at the American Legion and Ken & Betty Tate joined us, and Rowenia. A nice persoanble time. Debbie, Crystal, & Jaden hit it off with Mary Jane extrememly well, and Summer was was crazy about them both, either sitting on their laps or holding their hands. And tonite at Cracker Barrel Summer and Michael were playing the golf tee game and coloring together. It was so sweet. I will try and get some pics on here soon.

Maybe Betty can add some details on some stuff and put some of her pics on here, too. And give her thoughts on the weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:31 pm 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

This was our 16th AM Days and I agreed with David, it was one of the best. The program Friday at the Civiv Center was well received by everyone who attended. Michael and Mary Jane Dante were great. They seems to enjoy themselfs and everyone seems to enjoy them. Michael told me that anytime we wanted them back just call. I want to thank everyone that came to support the event. And a very special thanks to Susan Lanning and Linda Owens and the AM Committee for their tireless effort for putting together a great event. It's getting harder and harder evey year to find speakers, but some how they seem to find them. Hope to see everyone again next year. It was great to see Vic again and I meet another Audie fan, Gerald Bayer from New Oreans, La.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:12 pm 

Thanks Larry. We appreciate all ya'll do. And just one correction: this was our 17th year coming to it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:35 am 

Sounds like you guys had a great time-thanks for sharing :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 pm 
Devoted & Reliable Fan

Sorry, Senior Moment